Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to find someone in ICE custody?

Salutatorian
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 53 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Secs

How to find someone in ICE custody?

For those of you have friends or family in ICE custody right now I need to find out some information. My husband has a friend who was picked up, caught with fake documents and spent 10 months in federal prison. He is now out of federal custody and in ICE custody in texas somewhere. His friend has tried to call a couple times but all my husband hears is him say hi and then the phone cuts off. How does the phone system work? What I mean is for federal prison, prisoners can purchase phone cards with their money and call family. Some prisons require collect calls be made but you can also add money to your cell phone using a certain number for inmates to call you. Which method is used for people in ICE custody waiting to be deported and also how do you find out where an inmate in ICE custody is at?

thanks for the help!!!!

Cum Laude
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 8 Hrs 17 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    11 Mins 25 Secs
    My Mood
    Happy
    good question i wanna know as well

Gloriosi
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    20 Hrs 33 Mins 44 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    47 Secs
    Mine is in El Paso at the El Paso Processing Center. He was given a free phone call first and it only lasted for seconds. After that he had to purchase phone cards to call out. He was in another ICE jail that I had to get a certain telephone service on phone. Can't remember the name though. Here's the ICE jails in Texas. You could call till you find him.

TEXAS

El Paso Service Processing Center
    El Paso Service Processing Center
    8915 Montana Avenue
    El Paso, Texas 79925

Telephone: (915) 225-1941
    Officer in Charge: Alfredo Campos
    Emergency Contact at the Center: In case of family or other emergencies involving a detainee, the following number can be called: (915) 225-1901.

Detention: Detainees are held in the El Paso Service Processing Center and various jails throughout the El Paso area. You may visit these facilities during their normal visiting hours. To obtain information on a detainee or information on the status of a case, call (915) 225-1941, or visit the Detained Unit Information Officer at the reception desk of the Executive Office for Immigration Review Building at 8915 Montana Ave., El Paso Texas, 79925.

Port Isabel Service Processing Center
    Rt. 3 Box 341 Buena Vista Rd.
    Los Fresnos, Texas 78566

Telephone: (956) 547-1700
    Officer-in-Charge: Aaron L. Cabrera
    Assistant-Officer-in-Charge: Francisco Venegas
    Emergency Contact at the Center: In case of family or other emergencies involving a detainee, please call (956) 547-1765.

Mailing Address:
    Rt. 3 Box 341 Buena Vista Rd.
    Los Fresnos, Texas 78566

Houston Contract Detention Facility
    Houston Processing Center
    Corrections Corporation of America
    15850 Export Plaza Dr.
    Houston, TX 77032

Telephone: (281) 449-1481
    Officer-in-Charge: James L. Heathman, Supervisory Detention and Deportation Officer
    Warden: Jimmy Cook
    Emergency Contact at the Center: In case of family or other emergencies involving a detainee, the following number can be called: (281) 449-1481

Mailing Address:
    Houston Processing Center, CCA
    15850 Export Plaza Dr.
    Houston, TX 77032

Detention: Detainees are held in the Houston Service Processing Center, CCA and various jails throughout the Houston Field Office jurisdiction area. You may visit these facilities during their normal visiting hours. To obtain information on a detainee or information on the status of a case, call (281) 774-4816 and ask for the Deportation Office, visit the Detained Unit, or Deportation Section, at the Houston Field Office, 126 Northpoint Dr., Houston, TX 77060. You will need to have the Detainee’s Alien Number (AXX-XXX-XXXX) to help facilitate your request

Laredo Contract Detention Center
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    4602 E. Saunders
    Laredo, Texas 78041

Telephone: (956) 727-4118
    Officer-in-Charge: Conrad Agagan, (956) 729-9620, Jose L. Hinojosa, (956) 727-4118
    Emergency Contact at the Center: In case of family or other emergencies involving a detainee, please call (956) 727-4118.

Mailing Address:
    Corrections Corporation of America
    4702 E. Saunders
    Laredo, Texas 78041

Detention: (For questions about those held in detention) Detainees are held in the CCA in Laredo and various jails throughout the San Antonio Field Office jurisdictional area. You may visit these facilities during their normal visiting hours. To obtain information on a detainee or information on the status of a case, call (956) 729-9655 and ask for the CASE OFFICER or visit the DETAINED UNIT at the Laredo Office, 4602 E. Saunders, Laredo, TX 78041.

T. Don Hutto Prison
    Corrections Corporations of America (private)
    Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
    1001 Welch Street
    Taylor, TX 76574

Telephone: 512-218-2400
    Fax: 512-218-2450
    Warden: Mickey Liles
    Facility Public Information Officer: Danny Coronado

Mailing Address:
    T. Don Hutto Residential Center
    1001 Welch St., P.O. Box 1063
    Taylor, Texas 76574

Detention: This prison currently holds hundreds of asylum seekers who entered the U.S., half of which are children swept up in raids. For more, see the 2/23/07 report from Democracy Now.

Willacy County Processing Center
    U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
    1800 Industrial Drive
    Raymondville, TX 78580

Telephone: (956) 689-9218

Mailing Address:
    Willacy County Processing Center
    1800 Industrial Drive
    Raymondville, TX 78580

Detention: This is the largest immigrant detention facility in the U.S., with about 2,000 people being held. For more information about this facility, please see the 2/2/07 Washington Post story and the 2/23/07 report from Democracy Now.
    "Call it mysticism if you will, I have always believed there was some divine providence that placed this great land here between the two great oceans, to be found by a special kind of people from every corner of the world, who had a special love for freedom and a special courage that enabled them to leave their own land, leave their friends and their countrymen, and come to this new and strange land to build a New World of peace and freedom and hope..."

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points5000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 1 Min 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 42 Secs
    My Mood
    In Love
    Angelia's advise was great!

What you need to do is find out first where he is? Then call the facility and ask who does their inmate telephone service. Then you need to make sure you can accept collect calls on your phone. Then call the company who does their inmate service to see if you need to do a pre-pay account or set up a line of credit.

I want to direct you to an excellent company:

Get Connected US

What they do is give you a local phone # for where your friend is. They call the local # and you only pay for local collect calls. Once they call the local # the phone call is either transferred to your home phone or cell phone which ever you choose.

I also would let you know that there is EL Paso County Detention Facility and Otero County Prison Facility that your friend might be transferred ti first before going to ICE.

My hubby is in the same situation he has to do 6 months for attempted improper entry by an alien. He has 4 months left.

Good luck finding him.

Also another thing to point out is 3 days before they release them they have no phone access.

Salutatorian
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 53 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Secs
    thanks for the info ladies. Hubby decided to just wait for him to call back and see what he gets. He said that there was some recorded message but he didn't pay attention. He just assumed it was like here at our local jail and I just had to call the number on caller id and set up an account but it doesn't work that way. The number on caller id was for receiving messages of some sort or something.

Illustrissimi
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    4 Days 1 Min 18 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    3 Mins 42 Secs
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by lgatica06 View Post
    thanks for the info ladies. Hubby decided to just wait for him to call back and see what he gets. He said that there was some recorded message but he didn't pay attention. He just assumed it was like here at our local jail and I just had to call the number on caller id and set up an account but it doesn't work that way. The number on caller id was for receiving messages of some sort or something.
    Another way that I just found out is to call your local Mexican Consulate, they know where they are. This is true. Hubby asked me last night to call and see what happens after his 6 months is up, they know exactly where they are.

Or I would call ICE facilities in your state!

Cum Laude
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    5 Hrs 42 Mins 21 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    13 Secs
    What ever got resolved with this? It's because I need to know too. My brother in law was taken into ice custody a few days ago and we know nothing about him. He's tried to call my cell various times and I obviously cannot accept his collect calls from a cell phone. This is really aggravating...

Since our approval, we've done many new things...one of them is venturing into self employment. If you're in Houston or know someone that lives in Houston, we specialize in Carpet Cleaning services www.1stclasssteamers.com

Salutatorian
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Time Online
    1 Hr 53 Mins 59 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    4 Secs
    Hubby just let it go and finally got a call one day from the guy, he had already been deported and was back in Mexico. We never did figure out the phones or how to find someone. Sorry I can't be more help!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lgatica06 For This Useful Post:

LilB (05-06-2009)

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class1000 Experience Points10000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Mario Starcatcher 2 Champion
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Time Online
    3 Wks 1 Hr 16 Mins 40 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    19 Mins 28 Secs
    My Mood
    Cloud_9
    I know when hubby was in custody he had to wait to be processed through then he could make collect calls through CBS (Correctional Billing Service) and you had to have a certain amount of credit. It was almost like pre-pay. Once he got his canteen that I sent him, he called me with calling cards that he purchased.

Dealing with CBS was a pain because once you had talked the amount of money THEY alloted you, you couldn't get anymore collect calls until you paid the bill and they turned the collect call feature back on.
    Be joyful in hope, Patient in affliction, Faithful in prayer....Romans 12:12

No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life goes on, and it will be better tomorrow -- Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel -- Maya Angelou

No advice given on this site is to be considered legal advice.
    Please consult with an immigration lawyer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to y14gemini For This Useful Post:

LilB (05-06-2009)

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,538 Posts
    Time Online
    1 Wk 5 Days 22 Hrs 3 Mins 26 Secs
    Avg. Time Online
    11 Mins 56 Secs
    Quote Originally Posted by lgatica06 View Post
    For those of you have friends or family in ICE custody right now I need to find out some information. My husband has a friend who was picked up, caught with fake documents and spent 10 months in federal prison. He is now out of federal custody and in ICE custody in texas somewhere. His friend has tried to call a couple times but all my husband hears is him say hi and then the phone cuts off. How does the phone system work? What I mean is for federal prison, prisoners can purchase phone cards with their money and call family. Some prisons require collect calls be made but you can also add money to your cell phone using a certain number for inmates to call you. Which method is used for people in ICE custody waiting to be deported and also how do you find out where an inmate in ICE custody is at?

thanks for the help!!!!
    LilB - I think someone has to send him money so he can purchase phone cards of some sort. A lot of people I've talked to in detention say: Yes, they give us free phone access, but it's only 30 seconds, so basically as soon as the person picks up it cuts off. Nice, right?

Anyway, with some money they can buy a card to actually talk... I don't know how you get them money though.

Need help?
    Read the guide for legal status for an undocumented significant other and EWI & Bans: What you need to know before you file. Check out the list of Resources for Removal Proceedings.

Need information about the I-601 Waiver proving Extreme Hardship? Read these guides!

Important threads
    *CDJ Interviews & Waiver Appointments* *Refiling After I-601 Denial in CDJ* *CDJ Experiences* *CDJ Referred to the 'Backlog' Waivers* *I-601 Spreadsheet - For all waivers except Mexico*

Before sending private messages, please post your questions on the public forum!

I am NOT an attorney. Nothing I post is legal advice. Please check all information you receive on this forum with a qualified immigration attorney.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jardinera For This Useful Post:

LilB (05-06-2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information